A delightful smell of flowers, delicious food and drinks, beautiful artwork, the wonderful sounds of Mozart, Chopin and Dvořák and smiling faces all around.
These are some of the impressions left from the 2nd Benefit Concert for Stichting Ark, which took place in the Posthoornkerk, Amsterdam on the 16th of April 2013. After the big success of last year’s concert Monika Geibel, the mother of one of the children at Ark, created another wonderful event to raise awareness and funds for the Stichting. All performers and supporters came together once again, or joined with great dedication, and put together an unforgettable evening.
We would like to thank the following people for their support:
– Monika Geibel, Jonathan Waleson, Richard Wolfe, Ingerid Kvaale and Magrita Rondeel for the wonderful music.
– Erard for donating the beautiful piano.
– Chabrol, De Ware Jacob, Daalder, Sushi Me en Reypenaer Kaas for all the delicious drinks and food.
– Fien Campschroer – for donating her beautiful artwork.
– Pompom and Prinselijk Gebonden for the delightful flowers.
– Nienke Meek for her lovely photography.
– The film-maker Petra Hofmeester, who made a film of the evening’s events (see below).
- All the helpers at the concert and of course Monika and Sabine for all the work, time and dedication they put into creating this wonderful event!
You can see edited highlights by following these links (If you’d like a DVD of the full concert please email us):
Highlights from the Benefitconcerts 2013
Highlights from the Benefitconcerts 2013 (part 2)
The concert was a great success and the money we have raised will be used to create an even better learning environment for all children at Ark. One concrete project is the establishment of a sensory garden on the premises of our Stichting in Watergraafsmeer.